18.8.13

My Review of the NEW Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Range


Hi there, how have you been? Hope you had a great weekend and are getting ready for the new week? Yeah me too, sometimes I feel that we should add more days to the weekend, Saturday and Sunday aren't just enough, lol!! Anyway, so in this post, we will look at the New Dark and Lovely Au Natural Range. If you have been following my hair updates, you would have noticed that I promised to do a review of these range of products in future and this is the future people, ha ha. I also mentioned in my NITC 6 experience post, that I was part of a focus group selected to try out this new range by Dark and Lovely. 

Source

I really appreciate Dark and Lovely for recognizing the ever increasing natural hair community and coming up with this new range specifically made for naturals, I think it is awesome!

For this review, I was given samples of the following products:

1.       The Hydrating Soak Shampoo
2.       The Knot Out Conditioner
3.       The Coil Moisturizing SoufflĂ©
4.       The Curl Defining Cream
5.       Sheen Sealing Nectar

I have separated these products into two, The Good Stuff and Not So Good Stuff

The Good Stuff

1.     The Coil Moisturizing SoufflĂ©

Let me just say that this is the BEST, styling product I have ever used for twisting my hair. If you know me, you must have realized that I have tried a lot of products for someone who is just three months natural. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I don’t know what they put in it, I think it has to do with the glycerin, but for my hair, Dark and Lovely got it right with this one. It makes my hair so soft and moisturized all day. This product is going to be a staple in my hair product collection. I love it! I give this product an eleven on a scale of one to ten, people! lol!

2.    The Knot Out Conditioner

This has most of the good stuff to look out for in a conditioner. It has water as its first ingredient, it also has glycerin which is a good humectant that draws moisture to that hair, then it has fatty alcohols like Cetearyl Alcohol which moisturizes the hair. This product also has natural oils like palm oil and mango seed oil, so that's some good stuff. particularly like the name of this product, THE KNOT OUT conditioner. The name prompted me to use it, for the first time, to detangle my really knotty hair. It worked really well with my hair.  It has good slip and it was easy to work through my hair. I would defiantly purchase it again for detangling my hair. I give it a seven on a scale of one to ten.


The Not So Good Stuff

To be honest, I did not try to use these products at all. The ingredients in them are not so good for my hair. For example, The Sodium Laureth Sulfate in the Hydrating Soak Shampoo and the Curl Defining Cream discouraged me from using them. My hair does not like that ingredient at all. It dries out my hair and turns it into what looks like a local sponge for washing pots in the village, honestly. So Dark and Lovely, I am really sorry, I did not use these products, I didn’t even try. I also could not try the sheen sealing nectar for the same reason, I just felt it was going to be like the Oil Sheen Spray I used when I was relaxed. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Acha

    My favourites from the line are the same as yours. The Knot Out conditioner was wonderful, my hair loved it! And the Coil Moisturising Souffle was truly moisturising.

    I did try the others.

    There was NOTHING hydrating about the Hydrating Soak Shampoo.

    The Curl defining cream is what it is. It's for people with curly hair while the souffle is for us coilies. There were no curls to define so it didn't define anything, and it was less moisturising for me than the Coil Moisturising souffle, which totally makes sense.

    The Sheen Sealing Nectar was very thick, and it has silicones, so I've put it aside for the day I decide to flat-iron my hair, I think it'd be useful then.

    And I used the 10-in-1 styling gelee with the Coil Moisturising Souffle for twists and later, a twist out- it worked well. Except that I experienced a little flaking.

    Oh well, it's good they're making an effort to formulate these products because they already have a presence in Nigeria. There won't be too many middlemen inbetween them and consumers so I hope the prices will be decent, and the products easier to find. Because I'm very interested in the Knot Out Condish and the Coil Moisturising Souffle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! AB it's nice to know our hairs loved the same stuff from the range, yaaay!! Somehow I was feeling a bit weired for not using the 'NOT SO GOOD STUFF' but my hair would have suffered if I did, honestly. Thanks a lot for putting up your own review here, so many people will benefit from it. God less xx

      Delete
  2. Where can i buy their products please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace, I have seen the range in Casa Bella Palms Mall, VI.

      Delete