19.8.13

KINKSPIRAION: MEET GRACE, SHE DID HER BIG CHOP, YAAY!!

Hello people! I have decided to start featuring new naturals in the city on this blog. I believe this will serve as an inspiration to those who are still thinking about going natural. I am really excited to be featuring someone that I inspired to go natural and who is enjoying her natural hair journey so far. For this feature, I asked her the very same tag questions I used on my big chop post and here are her answers:


How long did you transition for?  

For about 3 to 4months

Why did you decide to do the big chop?  

I just wanted to feel and look at my natural "unrelaxed" hair (new growth). Before I did the big chopped, I would always go through pictures of other natural sisters, then wet my own hair just to see how long my undergrowth was. However, I finally ran out of patience and big chopped on the 9th of August, 2013.

What products did you use?  

I use the Dudu Osun soap as my shampoo (as advised by Acharacha), coconut oil and Shea butter. I also did the the lemon tea hair rinse and I intend to try out other natural products as I am on my way to becoming a natural miXtress.


 

 

What was your initial reaction to your new do?  

First I was proud of myself, then when I took my first photo, I saw that looked like my brother, at that point I just said to myself "...you need make up and big earrings, lol".

What were other people’s reaction, spouse, office, family and friends?  

Mixed reactions, everyone had an opinion. I even made the mistake of asking and got some negative ones that almost made me buy a wig, thank God I realized on time that it was about me and not other people. My colleagues like it, my mum and all my sisters are naturals so the only big deal for them was that I should have waited a little before doing my big chop. My friends like it, in all I have gotten more positive reactions than the negative ones.


So that's all people, cheers!



8 comments:

  1. Aww...Reading this made me feel so glad on the inside. I transitioned for 4 months too and big chopped on the 10th of august..the journey so far has been completely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really nice to know that this makes you feel happy, that's the whole point dearie. Happy Hair Growing Nafisat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have long healthy relaxed hair. However, I ran into natural hair blogs, youtube vids, facebook HHJ and I'm in awe! My plan is to transition for 6months before my BC. I stay in Nigeria and have been looking for products but they are soooo scarce. Any Nigerian blogs? Or any help with shops to get good products?
    Thanks. Nice job here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Glad to know you want to go natural Frani, you wount regret it. As for where to get products, please read my post on "where can I buy natural hair products in Nigeria". I'm sure you'll find it useful. Happy Hair Growing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally i got a goggle account and can post my comment ,i did not want to do that as an anonymous LOL.Thanks Acharacha

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol!!! I understand dearie, anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still contemplating doing the big chop. I have been transitioning for close to 6months now or so. I am just scared it won't look good on me and considering the fact that I have a fat,round head,I might look old. #scaredmuch. I guess I should 'wait in transit' some more.

    www.styltix.com

    ReplyDelete