20.5.13

I DID MY BIG CHOP!!!!! YAAAYYY!!!


I did my BIG CHOP YAAAAAYY!!!! I know this might come as a surprise if you read my post on “Why I decided to go natural”. In that post, I actually said I was not going to do anything drastic, but you know how human beings are na, ah ah. Na naija we dey ooh and anything is possible ;)
I decided to do a BIG CHOP TAG to answer all your questions concerning my big chop. I actually took the tag questions from my fellow Nigerian Naturalista, Ifeyinwa. She also has a very great blog and it is amazing, visit loveifeyinwa.com for all your queries on lifestyle, beauty and natural hair.



So HAIR we go! Ha ha ha ha ha

How long did you transition for?

I transitioned for almost six months. My last relaxer was 24th November 2012

Why did you decide to do the big chop?


I actually planned to do a long term transition for about 12 months, but I changed my mind. The reason is that I was so anxious to see what my natural hair looked like. Besides it was not easy dealing with the two different textures, the combination (relaxed and undergrowth) made my hair look so untidy. So I just decided to cut off all the relaxed ends and rock a short do.

How did you do your big chop?

My hubby helped me. I told him where to cut off and he did it very well. People actually thought I did it in a saloon, that’s how good he was.

What products did you use?

I washed my hair with DUDU OSHUN then followed up with TRESEMME NATURALS NORISHING MOISTURE CONDITIONER. I love that conditioner!! After I rinsed out the conditioner, I applied a generous amount of the conditioner to my hair so the line of demarcation could be clearly seen.


What was your initial reaction to your new do?

Before the cut, I was a bit nervous but after the whole process, I was relieved and I felt good. I was happy I finally did it.

What were other people’s reaction, spouse, office, family and friends?


Normally I hardly worry about people’s opinion concerning my personal decisions. Cutting my hair was no different, though I was interested to know what their reactions would be. For my spouse, I would say he is just neutral about the big chop but I am sure he can’t wait for the hair to grow back, lol. My co workers already saw it coming because I had been announcing it for about two months before I did it. The first person I saw in the office actually told me I looked gorgeous, need I say more? Lol. Then my family and friends know me well well, I’m always up to one crazy thing or the other. So for my family, it was just a case of Acharacha doing what Acharacha does best, being crazy! Lol. Generally I have gotten more positive reactions than negative ones.

So there you have it dolls. If you have more questions, tips or words of encouragement, please put it in the comment box below.

Thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

  1. Same reasons I big chopped and my hair is growing. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I big chopped Aril 1st 2013 after transitioning 4 abt 5 months. My hair seem to av doubled in length within a month. Lol!

      Delete
    2. Wow thanks a lot ladies, for your comments. Tush I can't wait for mine to grow too.

      Delete