29.5.13

My Diet and Exercise Routine in 2008

My diet consisted of six timed meals a day, three main meals and three snacks. The meals were just enough to satisfy hunger while the snacks were mainly made of fruits and veggies. If for some reason a meal time came and passed and I hadn't eaten, I just let it slide and have some fruit. Let me give a practical instance. There was a day I went for a church program that extended till very late in the night. Dinner time came and passed while I was in the hall. I got home really late that night so I just went to bed, hungry!!! However the next morning, I was the first to wake up, guess what I had for breakfast? GARRI AND OKRA SOUP!!! Lol! In my opinion, this was a good move because the best time to eat heavy food is in the morning. The reason is because your system is most active during the early hours of the mornings. However, please do not eat Garri and Okra soup in the morning!!! I decided to put together the diet plan, as much as I can remember on this post. Please, please and please, this plan was tailored specifically for me. I feel I should let you know how it all went down with the financial aspect. As you know, I was not working at the time I started this weight loss journey, so you can imagine how I coped with all the fruits and veggies. For the snack s part, I was eating mainly garden egg and groundnut, cos it was the cheapest and easiest fruit to get lol!! Then sometimes I would just buy those N50 fruits that all these Aboki guys sell, yes I eat that too and I am still alive and well, thanks for asking, lol!! I honestly feel it's okay to eat those, I know some people might object to that, though.

My 7 days diet plan in 2008




For exercise, I did a forty minute, total body burn aerobic exercise twice every day, except weekends. Now this must not be the way your own should be. I did this because I wasn't working at that time so I had all the time. Besides I felt I needed to stay active, since I wasn't actively involved in any other thing at that time. The aerobics exercise lasts for about 1 hour, including warm up and final stretches. When I started, I could only do about 5 MINUTES of the entire thing!!! The first week was horrible cos I was in serious pain for that whole week. Sometimes I felt I was going to pass out, but my dietitian actually told me that I was going to experience these feelings, so I knew ahead of time. I was determined and I didn't want to give up. By the third week I could do at least 20 MINUTES NON STOP!! I kept improving until my stamina was greatly developed and I could do the entire thing without stopping, I actually started looking forward to my exercise time!! So if you have ever tried exercising and given up even before you got used to the exercise, try again, please don't give up!! 

Front cover of the Aerobics DVD I used for my exercise. 



I have also added a couple of tips I feel you might need as well. Please put down your reactions in the comment box below.





2 comments:

  1. LOL! You were control freak, then! But sometimes, it takes a strong discipline and motivation to get to your goal. I'm glad you found what works for you and didn't give up 'til you reached your goal. Keep it up and thanks for sharing the tips! Carmelia @ NWCrossFit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. “The first week was horrible cos I was in serious pain for that whole week.” – That’s just the thing, your body's just not used to exercise. I remember when I first started my routine, my body hurt the whole week. I thought of giving up, but I didn’t because I started noticing its overall benefit once the pain has passed. Divina Wicker @ Fitness Together Chagrin Falls

    ReplyDelete