6.8.13

ME, MYSELF AND MY FRO: PUTTING MY FRO OUT OF THE WAY

Hi there! So for the past two weeks, I have been wearing my fro in styles that keep it out of my way for at least five days. Chaiii!! It has been rewarding ohhh!! If you live in Lagos, you'll wonder how a natural girl survives in this busy city. In the evening, you get home exhausted because of traffic. In the morning, you're dashing out to work so you don't get caught up in the same traffic. So please people, tell me where I can squeeze in about one and half hour to twist my hair every night (perils of the TWA stage) and unravel in the morning, eeeh?!! My dear, e no easy, it is not easy. So since I have some length now, I decided to start protective styling my hair, so I can just wake up and go!!


MINI TWISTS by YOUR'S TRULY

So for the first week, I did mini twists. Ofcourse, a lot of people could not believe they were just twists, most people were convinced that I was dreading my hair, so I just stopped explaining (*shoulders high with my palms facing upwards, head tilted sideways*). This took me about three and half hours to do.




FLAT TWIST UP DO by YOUR'S TRULY

Second week, I pushed myself a little further and tried the FLAT TWIST UP DO with mini twists in the front. Boooooyyyyy was I proud of my self or what?! Compliments kept pilling to the roof, wow!! On the weekend, I just unraveled the twists in the middle, to get a twist out in front and  flat twist updo. Meeeeen, I was proud of myself,oh! It took me about three hours to complete. Please place a comment if you want me to do a tutorial on how to achieve this on my YouTube Channel









SIDE SWEPT UP DO by APPLES AND ORANGES SPAR

This week I am rocking A SIDE SWEPT FLAT TWIST UP DO that I did at the Apples and Oranges Event on Saturday. The salon gave free hair do for all the natural girls in the city of Lagos. I got the info late so I could not announce it here on this blog. I loved loved loved that salon, the hair dressers are trained and they were so gentle with my hair. I will do a full review in future about the salon. But my experience with them was awesome and I am a converted customer.




No comments:

Post a Comment