22.7.13

ME, MYSELF AND MY FRO: HOT OIL TREATMENT AND DEEP CONDITIONING


In this post I will let you in on how I do hot oil and deep conditioning treatments on my hair. I did this last weekend and I felt I should share the process here with you guys. Since I did my big chop, I decided to do these treatments once a month, considering my schedule and the length of my hair. However, lately I have been dealing with excessive dryness with my fro, so I plan to change things up a little bit. I plan to do these treatments more often, maybe once in two weeks or so, but we'll see.

To do the treatments, I used the following :

1. The Knot Out Conditioner from the new Dark and Lovely Au Natural Line (Full review in future)
2. Ouchless hair bands (hair band without the metallic joints)
3. Clamps
4. My Oil Blend (this has all sorts of oils that I can't even remember, but it has all the good stuff, trust me ;) )
5. A face towel
6. The Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner by Beautiful Textures
7. A plastic cap
8. And of course my fro, lol!!


Some clamps and ouchless bands for sectioning hair

1. Detangling



I started off with extremely dry tangled, knotted hair, phewww, it wasn't funny. For this reason, I decided to finger detangle before I even think of doing anything to it. Finger detangling simply means to use your fingers to remove the knots and tangles in your hair. To do this, I worked in sections using the Knot Out Conditioner, the clamps (for sectioning) and some ouchless bands (to get detangled hair out of the way). So after the detangling process, I had about ten little puffs in my hair.

Detangled hair sections are in small puffs. The clamps help to section off hair during the process


Puffs after the detangling process :)



Side view of puffs after detangling

2. Hot Oil Treatment


The next thing was to do the hot oil treatment. I basically poured a mixture of oils in the applicator bottle and dipped it in hot water for about twenty minutes. Then I applied the hot oil in my hair, working one section at a time. After working through all the puff sections, I covered my hair with a plastic cap and let the oil sit in my hair for about thirty minutes before washing it off with a shampoo ( I shampoo my hair once a month). The hot oil treatment help to infuse these natural oils into the hair strands thereby adding strength and shine to the strands.


3. Deep Conditioning Treatment


For the deep conditioning treatment, I mixed some oils with the Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner by Beautiful Textures. Next time, I will do this without mixing it with the oils because I didn't quite get the result I was looking for. Anyway, again I applied the mixture in the puffs, one section of puff at a time. Once I was done applying, I put a wet face towel in the micro wave for about twenty seconds. I then placed the hot towel directly on my hair before covering with a plastic cap. I used this hot towel method because I don't have a dryer but I plan to by The Hair Therapy Wrap for more effective deep conditioning treatment. I left the mixture in my hair for about thirty minutes and rinsed it off with cold water. 



The mixture of oils and Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner

Hot towel as a source of heat for deep penetration of needed hair nutrients :)

So that's it folks. Still learning how to pamper my fro, I know there's still room for improvement. Please put your suggestions or questions in the comment box below. Till next time, God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment