22.7.13

ME, MYSELF AND MY FRO: HOW I CO-WASH MY HAIR (My Version of the Curly Girl Method)


Happy Monday everyone! Hope we all had a great weekend like I did :)  This post forms the fourth postpisode of my series on ME, MYSELF AND MY FRO and I will just show you the steps I take when I co-wash my hair. So HAIR we go, lol!

I start off by rinsing my hair with warm water. The idea is for the warm water to loosen the dirt from my hair strands. This is a very important step if you use the curly girl method. The reason is that the cleansing agent in the Tresemme Nourishing Moisture Conditioner (Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine)  is a light one unlike the common stronger Sodium Laureth Sulfate in regular shampoos. Therefore it is important to rinse hair thoroughly with warm water to loosen the dirt thereby making it easier for the light cleansing agent remove the dirt from the hair strands.

I start off by rinsing my hair with warm water to loosen the dirt, making it easier to cleanse


After rinsing my hair thoroughly warm water, I take a generous amount of conditioner and apply to my hair. I make sure my hair is saturated with conditioner and then I massage it through with my hands. While washing, I don't just focus on massaging the scalp, I also (sort of) pick and wash the hair strands as I go along. I lather up two or more times depending on how dirty my hair feels.

I apply a generous amount of conditioner throughout my entire head of hair


I don't just focus on my scalp, I also wash the hair strands :)

The next thing I do is to detangle my hair. I do this when I lather up the second time. So I basically comb through my hair using a wide tooth comb making sure I get rid of as many tangles as I can with the comb. The reason I use the wide to comb is for ease of glide through the hair strands and also to avoid loss of hair. When I am done detangling my hair, I rinse out some of the conditioner, leaving some of it in my hair. This ensures that some moisture from the conditioner is left in my hair. We all know our natural kinks love moisture ;)

Using my wide tooth comb in hair which is fully saturated with water and conditioner :)


This is how much hair (little to nothing) that get's caught in the comb after gliding through a couple of times. 

This is how much hair I loose after detangling. I lost twice this much throughout the entire wash routine.



Finally I wrap my hair with my T-shirt for about five minutes and then my fro is ready to be moisturized.





Finally, I wrap my hair for about five minutes before I apply my moisturizing products


So these are the simple steps I follow to co-wash my hair. I know they're are a lot of different ways to co-wash your hair. Do you implement the CURLY GIRL method? What steps do you follow to co-wash your hair? Feel free to put your opinion/suggestions in the comment box below.







No comments:

Post a Comment