29.8.13

HOW TO GROW AND PROTECT YOUR EDGES (HAIR LINE): 5 EASY STEPS


Just take about three days and observe the hair line of any woman you see on the streets of any city you live in, my guess is that eight out of ten of them have damaged hair line. Now do the same for men, you'll find that the men who have damaged hair line are just going bald, lol. The obvious reason is that most women tend to put their hair in styles that put stress on the hair line thereby causing it to recede. I had this problem and I am still nursing my edges back to health. Here are five easy steps that you can follow to bring those edges back!

Step 1 Get The Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO):

A lot of people feel that any castor oil will do but I highly recommend this brand of castor oil, I find it to be very effective. Apply this nightly on your edges, lightly massaging the problem areas in circular motion.

Step 2 Cover your hair with a satin scarf every night: 

Do this after applying the JBCO. For me, I tie my edges with a scarf after applying the JBCO and then I finally cover my entire head with a satin bonnet. Some people would add the use of a silk/satin pillowcase case.

Step 3 Avoid styles that put tension in that area: 

If you do step 1 and 2 and still continue to do styles that are too tight on your hair line, you will not see any significant change on your hair line. The tension on the scalp can damage the hair follicles in that area, preventing it from allowing hair to grow properly. So caution your braider or stylist to take it easy on those areas.

Step 4 Leave the edges alone:

Sometimes, you may need to let the hairs in that area be, just leave it alone. Don't braid it, don't weave it, don't brush it, just let it be. You may even need to take a break from applying the castor oil because too much attention might just be what it is, TOO MUCH ATTENTION. This might sound crazy but I think it is true, I am speaking from experience.

Step 5 Just give it time, it will grow back:

When I started taking care of my edges, I expected to see changes immediately, but I was disappointed when I did not notice any change in a month. I now decided to read a couple of articles and then I realized that it could take up to A WHOLE YEAR to recover damaged edges. It takes time, so just be patient and give it time. As long as you are doing what you need to do, you will gradually see changes.

So that's all folks, as always, put your reactions in the comment box below. Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. One more tip, for especially when you've got braids in, as you leave the edges alone, get a nice good hair gel that's transparent and doesn't dry your hair out. This way, you can leave your edges alone and still be satisfied that they're smoothed down. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot AB for adding that tip, nice one!

      Delete