12.12.13

HOW TO COMBAT DANDRUFF AND ITCHY SCALP


Before I started taking better care of my hair, I had serious dandruff issues, it was embarrassing. So dealing with these was one of the major things I focused on when I started my hair journey. So starting from the basics, dandruff is small dead skin cells in a person's hair. It could result from several causes such as dry skin, oily skin, irritated skin or just not shampooing enough. In my case I think it was due to dry skin and using the wrong products for my scalp. Itchy scalp is another result of excessive dandruff and it is possible not to have dandruff but have itchy scalp. Here are a few easy steps to deal with dandruff and itchy scalp:

Wash your hair regularly

You should wash your hair at least once a week. Some people might say everyday or twice a week. Whatever the case just ensure you have a regimen for keeping your scalp nice and clean.

Incorporate Peppermint Oil and Tea Tree Oil in your regimen


These are essential oils that are very good for dealing with dandruff and itchy scalp. When I first started treating my dandruff, I was told to get the peppermint oil. The dandruff went away but the itching continued. So I was advised by Natural Nigerian to also get the Tea Tree Oil. The Tea Tree oil is an anti-fungal oil that helps to keep hair clean. It is also used for treating lice infection in the hair. I noticed that my hair stopped itching me when I started using the tea tree oil.
It is important to note that these are essential oils and should be used in drops. For example, if I had a glass of water filled with Coconut oil and water, I would add just five drops (or less) of peppermint and tea tree oil in it. I put some drops in my shampoo when I wash my hair
and I also add some into my daily moisturizing spritz. 

So these are just the 2 easy steps I would recommend for dealing with dandruff and itchy scalp. Till next time, take care!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! My scalp srarts to itch just 3 days after washing...I'll get the tee tree oil and try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oyesola said
    "I tell you that this works wonders. My scalp was so itchy it became embarrassing and I followed your advice. I can say that no more itch and most of the dandruff is gone. I think mine is as a result of dry scalp so am gonna incorporate tea tree and peppermint oil into my regime permanently. Thx a lot dear"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot dear. I am thrilled to be of help.

      Delete