21.3.13

Four months progress on my edges.

I had wanted to do this when I am fully natural. But since I’ve noticed some “significant changes”, I decided to share it with you guys. The reason I had bad edges was not really as a result of genes or anything like that. It is the result of a very bad habit I developed in my early teens, I PICK MY FRONT HAIR!! Lol. During my form six in secondary school, I just started picking my hair anytime I was reading. We all know how much reading you had to do just to pass all the exams you needed to pass to get into the university. So I developed this habit that was almost impossible to break.

Four months ago I decided to go natural and start taking better care of my hair and realised I had to stop this bad habit. I made up my mind to just stop picking it. I also prayed and asked God for help, as you would with any other bad habit. I also researched on the kinds of oils or products I could use to stimulate growth in that area. So to protect my edges at night this is what I do:

1. I massage my edges with a mixture of oils. Initially I was using jojoba oil and some drops of peppermint oil. Right now I use only the regular Castor oil to do the massage. I also tried the mix of peppermint oil with the Castor oil but I felt the essential oil (peppermint) was not needed so I just do it with plain Castor oil.
2. After the massage, I use a tooth brush to brush it through and then tie the edges with a silk band before I put on my silk bonnet. That way, the elastic band on the edge of the bonnet will not rub against my edges while I sleep.

So here are some before and after photos of my edges. Do you think there’s a difference at least for a four month period? I think there’s a difference but I would like to have a second opinion.


Just before I started taking care of my edges. Both right side





About four weeks later. Right above, left below

Four months later. Right above, left below


5 comments:

  1. whaoo, i hadn't even read the post, b4 i went thru the pics, there's a BIG difference i am so happy, esp that u noticed it at last ;), well done. Busola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Dancing Azonto" thanks a lot girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..oh great, I see a great difference.. lovely! Go girl! it works...
    ChristinE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Oly. Jisi ike.

    Only ChuNwaGod

    ReplyDelete