7.4.13

My Dominion City Camp Meeting 2013 Experience!!


CAMP MEETING 2013

Hello peeps, I just thought I should share my Camp Meeting 2013 experience with you. First of all I’ll explain what it is all about. Camp Meeting in Dominion City is a four day, Easter weekend program we have at our church. It is like the highlight of every year, where we take time out from the city, our work or any other thing that keeps us busy and “away” from God. Also every member of the church, no matter where you are in the world, attends. It also serves as a time where we meet friends from different cities that we haven’t seen in ages. Every year's Camp Meeting is different from the rest and this one was what I call SPECTABULOUS!!!! LOl!! I had an awesome awesome time in God’s presence. There were wonderful prayer, praise and worship sessions that left my heart feeling light and illuminated. WOW!!! I had a great time!!

My Pastor, Reverend David Ogbueli. One of the most humble men of God I know, God bless you sir!

This year, the theme of the meeting was “Seeing and Owning the Future: Global Trends”. This theme is particularly interesting in the sense that as Christians we are not only equipped to live in the church but also to live in the world considering the times we live in. One major topic that our father, Reverend David Chuwkudi Ogbueli talked about was on “the Law of Reflection aka The Principle of Reflection”. What I understood from this message was that we are to do things exactly the way God does His things. Yeah I know cliché, right? But if you think about it, even though we hear this every day, getting to practice it is where the problem lies. If you go through the gospels (Matthew, Mark Luke and John), you find that Jesus asked that God glorify Himself through Him, Jesus John 5: 19, in most of His prayers. So when we pray, we can include that as our major prayer point. We can ask God to give us His grace to do things that glorify Him. We can also ask that He glorifies Himself through us John 17:1. It could be in our work place, in school at the hospital, anywhere! Prayers really change things, not just circumstances but it also changes us!

So for me, it was another significant time in my life. I received the blessings that God released to the people. I knew in my heart of hearts that all prayers I made have been answered, I am only waiting for the physical manifestation of my requests!!

God's Dominion City Generals.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS, I WAS ALSO IN CAMP MEETING AND I BET WITH MY LIFE. I KNOW I HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE it before, the presence of God was so much, i cried all through and could not eat well for the three days, i settled a lot of issues with God and immediately i came back, i got a call for a job. I WILL NEVER MISS CAMP MEETING AGAIN. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! That's a powerful testimony. I am really excited that you love the post. Do you think I should make more posts on my experience at Dominion City Programs? Let me know. Thanks again for commenting :)

      Delete
    2. yes you should, then blog it out to people, a lot of people had experiences that they want to share but they don't know this link, if there's a way i can send it out to my friends and invite them to join, good. just let a whole lot of people know about this and they will subscribe. many pple who are not DC members came for camp meeting and up till now, they are still talking about it, I know a girl who swore she will not join Dominion City after camp meeting I'm surprised, she's in choir now, Secondary school outreach, Total Women Conference and New Eve Project. the experiences are innumerable and am positive, many people want to share.

      Delete
    3. Thanks a lot for your response. Please you can help me spread the word about my blog to your friends. This is the kind of thing I want to do, this blog is a platform for things like this. I want people to share their testimonies. The link to my blog is www.acharachabynature.blogspot.com. I can create a page on this blog specially for people's testimonies. You can also share this particular post on your facebook page or twitter page, that way, your friends will know about it and they can share their experiences. Trust me it will be worth it. Please send me an email with your name at acharachabynature@gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you :)

      Delete