2.3.13

Be free, be happy and live in the moment…

......and yes that's me, beeing free and living in the moment,lol


If you were to do a list of some of the things you need today, I’m sure this list will have at least up to five big things. Yes that’s because we always need something we don’t already have. To be honest, I’m guilty as charged on this case. I am currently in a position where I truly truly desire something of God but it seems that all the faith principles I have been taught aren’t working. Have you been there before?
There is a reason why the Bible has so many scriptures that deal with holding on, being patient and able to endure hard times. There are also other scriptures that talk about being thankful for what you have today as you wait for the things you do not have. For me, it is a very very difficult task not to worry about things that are not working the way they should (Matt. 6:25). Have you ever felt that if you are not worried about something, then you are not serious? I feel this way most of the time. However here is our Lord Jesus, telling us “NOT TO WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING!!!”
When I need something from God and it is not coming as fast as I needed it, I get tempted to ask God questions. Believe me I fall into those temptations and even back them up with scriptures!!!! Some of the questions I ask are:

1.       God but I have been a good girl all my life.
2.       God I have faithfully served you in my local church, I even take time out to encourage others.
3.       Jesus have I not preached about your kingdom everywhere?
4.       Don’t I pray and fast enough, Lord?
5.       Why is this happening to me?
6.       Why me, why not people who have been sinning all their life. I mean it seems as if they are even better off than me?
7.       God how can you put shame on me in this way?
8.       God have I not been through enough?
9.       God are you trying to teach me something?
10.   Is God trying to punish me for something I did in my past?

The list of questions that we ask God is endless. I have been through tough times, I mean who hasn't, right? So what I eventually told myself and what I would like to tell you is, we are never never alone when we are going through those times. Jesus said in His Word, that He would never leave us nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5).  We have established that everyone goes through trying times at some point in their lives. So this is what I would encourage us, to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus (Hebrews 12:2) and not on your problems, not on your past mistakes or present need. Look to Him every day for strength, courage and grace. I know you’ll ask, How do I do that? By looking into God’s Word constantly feeding and meditating on them. To be honest this works and it illuminates your insides and brings you pure joy and happiness that enables you to BE FREE, BE HAPPY AND LIVE IN THE MOMENT.

Here are some Bible verses that I have found encouraging. I would love to share them with you:

Isaiah 26:3 “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose minds are stayed on You, because he trusts in Thee”

Romans 8:28 “For we know that all things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose”.

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the thoughts that I have for you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Deuteronomy 7:9 “Know therefore that he Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love Him and keep His commandments, to a thousand generations”

1 Peter 5:7 “Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you”

Philippians 4: 19 “But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus”

Romans 8:31 “For if God be for us who can be against us”

Isaiah 49:13 “Sing for joy, Oh heavens! Rejoice, O earth! Burst into song, O mountains! For the Lord has comforted His people and will have compassion on them in their suffering”

Joshua 1:9 “Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go”

Romans 8:37 “ Yet in all things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loves us”

I do not have all the answers for you, but I do love to encourage and inspire you!!

Hugs of love!!
Acharacha

2 comments:

  1. Awww dear. Those are amazing scriptures, have noted some for daily meditation. Even though we know of the promises God made us, sometimes we cant help but worry. When things aren't going the way we want, naturally we worry. When I start getting depressed about my situation, my hubby will make me understand that worrying about it doesn't change anything but I can't help it!! Just keep holding on, it won't be long now. Ogoo(proud Momma)

    ReplyDelete