28.6.13

ME MYSELF AND MY FRO : My Current Hair Routine and Products I use


Hello ladies, like I promised, this is the debut of my series on Me, Myself and My Fro. I plan to make it as exciting as I can. So hope you'll be reading, commenting, suggesting and subscribing *wink*.

My hair is in the Teeny Weeny Afro (TWA) stage. This basically means that my hair is still short and lets say, it is still less than six inches. My hair is about three inches long right now. The TWA stage, for me, is a stage where your hair is easy to manage without much hassle. So here are the things I do

Cleansing

I wash my hair with conditioner (CO-WASH) every three to four days. This depends on how much time I have and also on how my hair feels. If my hair feels groggy and weighed down in two days, I might wash it. The product I use is the Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner. Then once a month (I’ve been natural for a month) I would cleanse my hair with Dudu Osun (Black Soap).






Deep Condition

I have decided, at this stage of my journey, to deep condition once a month. I have done this once since I big chopped and in future I will let you in on the steps I take to deep condition my hair. I would also have some pictures to show. Currently I use the Carol’s Daughter Olive Oil Infusion Kit for my deep conditioning and hot oil treatment. The kit contains the Khoret Amen Hair Smoothie and the Khoret Amen Hair Oil. I use the Khoret Amen Hair Oil for my hot oil treatment and the Khoret Amen Hair Smoothie for deep conditioning.




Detangling (Comb)

I detangle (comb) my hair with a wide tooth comb only when I am washing it or when it is partially damp with water and a leave in conditioner. While cleansing my hair, it is saturated with either water or conditioner therefore preventing it from breaking off. If I want to comb my hair between wash days without water or conditioner, I would only lift the roots and pat the top of my fro in order to achieve a neat, presentable look.



Drying


After washing my hair, I just scrunch it a little and wrap with an old T shirt. I do not rob vigorously, I just wrap my hair gently until I am ready to start twisting it. The reason I use a t shirt is because the microfiber material of the t shirt is mild on the hair unlike the regular towel material. Additionally robbing the hair vigorously may cause serious tangles you defiantly do not want to deal with when you are done.

So this is my very simple routine, it is something anyone can adopt, I guess. Currently I do not use any form of heat in my hair, I just let mother nature do its thing (air dry). Then at this point, I plan not to do any style that will require the use of hair extensions or any attachment. I just want to let my fro be. I am new to the whole natural hair world so I would welcome suggestions and comments as much as possible. Till next time, thanks for stopping by.

Acharacha

2 comments:

  1. Your are honestly making this decision to return natural worth it for me Thanks for all the help,thank you for your patience in answering all my very many questions on facebook. GRACE K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome dear. You can ask me any kind of question you have, that's what we are here for, lol.

      Delete